Wednesday, April 11, 2012

WikiTravel Post Write


I feel that I definitely learned a lot through doing the WikiTravel project. I obtained greater insight for the use of wiki’s, how they work and their purpose. I was unfamiliar with WikiTravel initially starting this assignment but I think with more input from knowledgeable sources the site has room for great potential.

Completing this assignment helped me to gain better understanding on how to draft entries for sites like WikiTravel and what content is most beneficial to its’ readers. It is important as the writer to put yourself in the shoes of the reader, and in this case the reader is aiming to travel and explore new things. 

At first I was unsure of what destination to write about and what exactly should be included in the entry. I then thought back to the few times my friends from here at URI have come to visit me back home in New Jersey. They are all originally from Johnston, RI and in planning their visit I thought about all of the most unique places I would want to show them and included those sites in my post.

As I continued writing I realized I had much more information than I realized and had to cut back a bit. A well-organized and detailed entry for WikiTravel definitely is something that would prove to be very helpful to someone looking to travel.  

I enjoy going to new places and sharing my experiences with others, writing for some type of site like this would be something I could potentially be interested in for the future. 

No comments:

Post a Comment