Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Clubhouse

             So, over the past week I've come up with the five topics I believe I would not only be interested in but would also be influential and credible in my writing. I'm the type of person who gets bored easily and I'm always thinking of new ways to do things or new things to do all together. However, I've come to notice there a certain few things that keep my attention consistently but that I've always loved and had a passion for. I believe that in doing this project I will be able to find a way to tie all of those things, or at least a few of them, together and share the things I love so much with others who share the same interests as well. With that being said my five topics include the following, music, food/cooking, beauty/lifestyle, nightlife and lastly, travel.
            Music has been a part of my life since... basically since I was born. My parents both have a serious passion and love for music of all kinds and I grew up with music playing in my house 24/7. Their passion for music ran off on me at an early age and I purchased my first CD when I was in Kindergarten (No Doubt 'Tragic Kingdom' one random childhood detail I'll never forget) and went to my first show when I was in 5th grade, Nsync, seats right next to the cat walk, it was amazing, the end. Ever since then I was in love and music has never let me down since. Over the years I've gone to countless shows and still have a whole bunch coming up this year already as it is. My friends joke around and call me their DJ because I'm always the one they go to for new CD's, a good new song or for any good music news or details about upcoming shows. When it comes to music, I guess you could say I know a thing or two...
          The second topic I chose was food and cooking. This is because my appetite for cooking and food are one in the same and like music, I grew up with this in my life as well. I've never been trained in any sort of cooking techniques by professionals, but I think learning from my mother over the years qualifies as a close second. My mother has always catered our family dinners, parties, holiday celebrations and countless dinner parties. She has cooked with well-known chefs and has even held a few cooking classes   before herself. Needless to say her love and talent for cooking rubbed off on me as my curiosity always caused me to ask questions, taste her food and watch what she did as she went along.
        Now that I live away at school on my own I'm thankful that I paid attention all the times she was preparing various dishes, and I'm sure my close friends will agree. I love cooking when I have the free time and I love it even more when I get to enjoy it with all of my friends, especially when I get them all to help me. This is definitely another topic in which I have a lot to share and talk about.
        I chose my third topic, beauty and lifestyle, because I also have a strong interest in both. I've worked doing a lot of stage make-up growing up and through out high school and have a love for the art on a personal level. I make sure I stay up to date on the latest trends and news in the fashion and beauty world. However, this topic selection as far as my knowledge goes would only draw in a female fan base.  Next, I picked nightlife because I have been fortunate to experience some of the best night clubs and lounges. Public relations is part of what I'm studying and I'm a pretty good judge at what different crowds will enjoy. I've been to all types of lounges and clubs and know who would have a great time where.
       Lastly I picked travel as a topic. However, I don't get to travel quite as much as I get to. I visit a lot of random places with in the states I've lived in and visited but never really been anywhere international. Needless to say I'm beyond PUMPED to be going to Puerta Vallarta for spring break this year. I enjoy this topic and would be able to write a thing or two but perhaps this topic is one I should save for later down the road after I've had the chance to visit all the places I hope to.

No comments:

Post a Comment